Friday, July 6, 2012

Meet the Neighbors


Meet my new neighbors.  I took this photo from my dining room.  They were making use of the sidewalks in the area, taking a nice morning constitutional.  We haven't been formally introduced, but I hope to see them often.

We have met a couple of set of human neighbors, too.  One couple brought us some delish blueberry scones.  Everyone we've met is extremely nice.
Let me introduce you to the newest member of our extended family.  Daughter 2 adopted a kitten.  She seems to love quilts, so she's okay in my book!  She lives in the condo.  No, the doxies haven't met her.   Not sure if they like her or not.  I have never been a cat person, but I think it's because I haven't had experience with cats.  But this is one sweet kitty!  She's definitely changing my mind about cats!
 Here's a better shot of her cute "split" face.  Daughter 2 named her Luna (moon in Latin) because of her face and also for Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter.

And since this post is already animal heavy, why don't I just go all the way!  Our sweet Mickey Blue Eyes is in the Lee County Humane Society's Pet Calendar Photo Contest.  If you are so inclined, please  go here to vote for him.  He's photo number 56.  It costs $1 per vote, but all proceeds go to the humane society (where Luna was adopted).

We are making progress on unpacking here.  The number of boxes is steadily decreasing.  I only have one or two boxes left for the kitchen.  I've make a good start on the sewing room.  I'll share pictures of that tomorrow.

Our oven/cooktop is not working, but someone is coming Tuesday to look at that.  So I still can't do my regular cooking.  I'm planning a crockpot meal this weekend; we're getting tired of eating out.  But we have discovered some pretty yummy restaurants around here.  Tonight we had Marco's Pizza for the second time in a week.  Hibachi Grill last night.  Oh, and there's a cute frozen custard place just around the corner.  We're not going hungry.........

Nite, y'all!


1 comment:

DaisyChain said...

New kitty is gorgeous. You must be won over by now! Quick question - all the cats I've known like her have had one orange foot. Has she?